Please login or register to reply, post topics or send messages to authors. If you created topic, you need to login if you wish to edit or add locations.
Forum topic locations
17/11/2004 6:41 pm
Moderated by: Fintan Sheehan
Coushnaghan/ Cushnaghan/ Cushnahan to CassidyI am trying to trace Andrew Coushnaghan's parents. I believe he had at least two brothers, John and Patrick. I am also trying to trace the parents of Anne Blue who married his son Andrew (who changed the family name to Cassidy), and the origins of Eward Mulgrew who married Margaret (Maggie) Cassidy
Descendants of Andrew Coushnaghan
Generation No. 1
1. ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN was born 1809 in Ballykenver, Armoy, and died August 16, 1879 in Ballykenver, Armoy.
Children of ANDREW COUSHNAGHAN are:
2. i. ANDREW2 CASSIDY, b. 1844, Ballykenver, Armoy; d. October 23, 1919, Clonttyfinnia, Armoy.
ii. MARTHA COUSHNAGHAN, b. 1844, Ballykenver, Ballycastle; d. 1904, Carnfeagh, Dervock.
Generation No. 2
2. ANDREW2 CASSIDY (ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) was born 1844 in Ballykenver, Armoy, and died October 23, 1919 in Clonttyfinnia, Armoy. He married ANNE BLUE November 17, 1871 in Loughgiel RC Church, daughter of PATRICK BLUE and JANE.
Notes for ANDREW CASSIDY:
Children of ANDREW CASSIDY and ANNE BLUE are:
3. i. JOHN3 CASSIDY, b. August 1, 1872, Chatham near Dervock Reg Book 3 Page 52.
4. ii. ANDREW CASSIDY, b. January 26, 1874, Chatham, Nr Dervock; d. 1928, Renfrew, Scotland.
5. iii. PATRICK CASSIDY, b. April 3, 1875, Cluntyfinnan.
6. iv. MARY CASSIDY, b. October 27, 1877.
7. v. JOSEPH CASSIDY, b. October 6, 1880; d. November 6, 1964.
8. vi. MARTHA CASSIDY, b. Abt. 1881, Loughguile, Co Antrim, Ireland.
vii. SAMUEL CASSIDY, b. July 20, 1882; m. AGNES BAILIE, April 12, 1907, 53 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh; b. 1884.
Notes for SAMUEL CASSIDY:
living at 128 Temple Hill, Troon
More About SAMUEL CASSIDY:
Name change: 1907, Married under Coushnaghan name
Notes for AGNES BAILIE:
lived at 26 Back Temple Hill, Troon
viii. EDWARD CASSIDY, b. March 15, 1884; d. December 20, 1903, REGISTERED BY BRO ANDREW IN RENFREWSHIRE.
9. ix. MARGARET CASSIDY, b. Abt. 1886.
x. ROBERT CASSIDY.
xi. HUGH ? CASSIDY.
xii. ANNIE CASSIDY, b. 1890.
10. xiii. RACHAEL JANE CASSIDY, b. March 26, 1891; d. August 7, 1981.
Generation No. 3
3. JOHN3 CASSIDY (ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) was born August 1, 1872 in Chatham near Dervock Reg Book 3 Page 52. He married MARGARET HAMMILL December 31, 1898 in Johnstone, Renfrewshire.
Child of JOHN CASSIDY and MARGARET HAMMILL is:
i. JOHN4 CASSIDY, b. July 7, 1902.
4. ANDREW3 CASSIDY (ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) was born January 26, 1874 in Chatham, Nr Dervock, and died 1928 in Renfrew, Scotland. He married (1) MARGARET MCGUNNIGAL 1898 in Partick. Glasgow. He married (2) MARY SHEPHERD July 30, 1912 in St James' Chapel, Renfrew, Scotland.
Children of ANDREW CASSIDY and MARGARET MCGUNNIGAL are:
i. ANDREW4 CASSIDY, m. ANNIE CHRISTINA FINNEGAN, July 4, 1928, St James RC Church in Renfrew, Scotland.
ii. MARGARET (MEG) CASSIDY.
iii. MICHAEL CASSIDY.
iv. WINIFRED CASSIDY.
Children of ANDREW CASSIDY and MARY SHEPHERD are:
v. JAMES4 CASSIDY.
vi. JOSEPH CASSIDY.
11. vii. ANNIE CASSIDY.
5. PATRICK3 CASSIDY (ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) was born April 3, 1875 in Cluntyfinnan.
Child of PATRICK CASSIDY is:
i. CHARLES4 CASSIDY.
6. MARY3 CASSIDY (ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) was born October 27, 1877. She married UNKNOWN.
Child of MARY CASSIDY and UNKNOWN is:
i. JAMES4, b. January 11, 1896.
7. JOSEPH3 CASSIDY (ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) was born October 6, 1880, and died November 6, 1964. He married TILLY BAIRD May 28, 1913.
Children of JOSEPH CASSIDY and TILLY BAIRD are:
i. JOSEPH4 CASSIDY.
12. ii. UNKNOWN CASSIDY.
iii. ? CASSIDY.
iv. ? CASSIDY.
v. ? CASSIDY.
8. MARTHA3 CASSIDY (ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) was born Abt. 1881 in Loughguile, Co Antrim, Ireland. She married PETER BAGNALL September 4, 1901 in The Sacred Heart and Saint Charles RC Church, Gosforth, son of PATRICK BAGNALL. He was born Abt. 1879 in Ireland.
Children of MARTHA CASSIDY and PETER BAGNALL are:
i. PETER FRANCIS4 BAGNALL, b. 1910; d. December 19, 1943, Bombardier, 67 Medium Regt., Royal Artillery.
Notes for PETER FRANCIS BAGNALL:
Name: BAGNALL, PETER FRANCIS
Initials: P F
Nationality: United Kingdom
Regiment: Royal Artillery
Unit Text: 67 Medium Regt.
Date of Death: 19/12/1943
Service No: 991909
Additional information: Son of Peter and Martha Bagnall, of Gateshead; husband of Catherine Bagnall. of Gateshead.
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference: Div. 2. Grave 1557.
Cemetery: GATESHEAD (SALTWELL) CEMETERY
ii. DOROTHY BAGNALL.
iii. WINNIE BAGNALL.
13. iv. MAY BAGNALL.
v. NORA BAGNALL.
9. MARGARET3 CASSIDY (ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) was born Abt. 1886. She married (2) EDWARD MULGREW April 5, 1910 in St Wilfred's RC Church, Gateshead, son of ARTHUR MULGREW. He was born 1881.
Child of MARGARET CASSIDY is:
14. i. ANTHONY4 CASSIDY, b. February 4, 1904, Ballycastle, Co. Antrim; d. June 14, 1994, Ballycastle, Co Antrim.
10. RACHAEL JANE3 CASSIDY (ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) was born March 26, 1891, and died August 7, 1981. She married PETER MCGOWAN May 22, 1922 in Loughguile RC Church, Armoy.
Children of RACHAEL CASSIDY and PETER MCGOWAN are:
15. i. MARY VERONICA4 MCGOWAN, b. November 26, 1922.
ii. ELLEN MCGOWAN, m. PATRICK MCCLUSKY.
iii. ANNIE MCGOWAN, m. (1) LEON MATTEJOWSKI; m. (2) JACK QUARLES.
16. iv. SAM MCGOWAN.
Generation No. 4
11. ANNIE4 CASSIDY (ANDREW3, ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) She married JOHN WAUCHOP.
Children of ANNIE CASSIDY and JOHN WAUCHOP are:
i. SAMUAL JOHN5 WAUCHOP, b. 1946.
ii. JOAN WAUCHOP, b. 1948; m. IAN FRENCH, 1973, Australia.
iii. IAN WAUCHOP, b. 1950.
12. UNKNOWN4 CASSIDY (JOSEPH3, ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) She married UNKNOWN DOHERTY.
Child of UNKNOWN CASSIDY and UNKNOWN DOHERTY is:
i. IRIS5 DOHERTY.
13. MAY4 BAGNALL (MARTHA3 CASSIDY, ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) She married UNKNOWN BRENNAN.
Children of MAY BAGNALL and UNKNOWN BRENNAN are:
i. MARY5 BRENNAN.
ii. MICHAEL BRENNAN.
iii. PETER BRENNAN.
iv. JOSEPH BRENNAN.
14. ANTHONY4 CASSIDY (MARGARET3, ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) was born February 4, 1904 in Ballycastle, Co. Antrim, and died June 14, 1994 in Ballycastle, Co Antrim. He married KATHLEEN MCNEILL. She was born July 12, 1904 in Tober, Ballymoney, Co. Antrim, and died May 9, 1969 in Ballycastle, Co. Antrim.
Children of ANTHONY CASSIDY and KATHLEEN MCNEILL are:
i. ANTHONY5 CASSIDY, b. September 23, 1924, Tober, Ballymoney; d. September 24, 1983, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, UK; m. ELIZABETH ALICE GORE, July 25, 1945, Broughton, Lancashire, UK; b. May 9, 1923, Salford, Manchester, UK.
ii. ARCHIBALD JOHN BOSCO CASSIDY, m. LILLIAN.
iii. MARGARET CASSIDY, m. JOSEPH DEVINE.
iv. MARY CASSIDY.
15. MARY VERONICA4 MCGOWAN (RACHAEL JANE3 CASSIDY, ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) was born November 26, 1922. She married PATRICK MCCAULY September 19, 1945.
Children of MARY MCGOWAN and PATRICK MCCAULY are:
i. MARIAN5 MCCAULY, m. BRIAN MCGARRY.
ii. JAMES MCCAULY.
iii. HELEN MCCAULY.
16. SAM4 MCGOWAN (RACHAEL JANE3 CASSIDY, ANDREW2, ANDREW1 COUSHNAGHAN) He married TERESA CLANCY.
Child of SAM MCGOWAN and TERESA CLANCY is:
i. HUGH5 MCGOWAN.
22/11/2009 5:18 am
cushnaghan/cassidy updateHi Frank I just read your update on the cushnaghan/cassidy family my great grandfather was Patrick Cushnaghan changed his name to Peter Cassidy and married Mary Armstrong of Monkton Prestwick Scoland and my grandmother was their first child Annie Cassidy who married David Colville and my father is their first child Hugh Colville who married Helen Dunlop and I am their second child Audrey-May Thomson. Patrick Cassidy had four children with Mary - Annie, Jean, Peter and Andrew. I am in the same boat as you I cannot find any futher inforation on Anne Blue or the first Andrew Cushnaghan or why they changed their name. Have you found any further information
07/12/2009 1:03 pm
Patrick Cushnaghan - Peter CassidyAudrey, please please email me directly at finnmac 2000 @ gmail.com. the family tree is at www.brighterdays.tribalpages.com email me for the password. I am in touch with C(o)ushnaghan descendants world-wide from Canada to Australia.
It's good to hear from you :)